The competitive situation in the different Member State markets can enable, through a dynamic and attacking use of competition law, substantial and innovative solutions..
Our Competition Group has built up a genuine depth of resources in this area through transacting a wide range of high quality and high profile work year on year.
Advising on all aspects of EU, Hungarian and German competition law, we represent clients on competition matters before the European Commission and national competition authorities, not only defending those accused of infringement, but attacking those whose actions are working against our clients.
Our services include:
- Advising on the structuring of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Making notifications of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures to the European Commission and national competition authorities, and coordinate pan-European notification strategies
- Developing competition law-compliant solutions on the full range of commercial deals including research and development, IP, technology, software and content licensing, manufacturing, marketing, agency and distribution agreements, service supply, outsourcing, financing and dispute settlement arrangements
- Advising in relation to the abuse of dominant market positions, where our specialist sectoral and regulatory knowledge gives us the ability to judge exactly how far those with market strength can go before incurring significant risks by breaching the rules
- Broad ranging advice on the competition law impact on future business direction. We are robust in taking action against those whose anti-competitive activities or refusals to deal are damaging our clients' interests, both through litigation, or formal complaints to the competition authorities as through more low profile or confidential approaches. We have considerable experience in seeking redress for clients who have seen their competitors unfairly given state funding or other support contrary to the EU State Aid rules. We work closely with clients in implementing competition compliance programmes and audits, including advice and assistance on dawn raids and information requests